Tuesday, July 1, 2008

How's it going?

We all get frustrated when things are in transition. Sometimes, we just want to blow off steam.

Forget for a moment my thoughts on how we got here, why, and where we might be going.

I'd just like to know if there's anything I can do to help - whether you agree with me on those other things, or not!

We've already been through the whole upheaval business in the Southern Village store. So, I know what it's like. At least, I know what it was like in Southern Village.

I've been spending more time in the Carrboro store, partly because of the Elections Task Force, and partly because I moved back to Carrboro, and I like to do my online stuff in the Carrboro store.

Now, I'm not stupid. I look around. I see the meat and seafood counter has gone. I see that familiar faces are gone. I see the empty space where the pastry people used to be.

I can imagine how I might feel with all this 'loss.' But I don't pretend to know.

If you have a moment, and want to drop me a line, or have a chat, please don't be embarrassed to get in touch. I want to know how things are going for you.

I've been to the Hillsborough store - but not yet the Food House.

Again, I have some inkling, from Southern Village, of what it's like to move into new(ish), space, and set up new systems. But I don't know what it's like at the moment in the two Hillsborough locations.

"Panzanella"? Oops. I'll be honest. I know practically nothing about what your special concerns may be. And something tells me that's not the first time you've heard that. My bad. I'll try better. But help me. I want to know.

If you want to let someone know. If you want to blow off steam. If you have something specific you'd like raised, but don't want to rock the boat. Let me know.

The main point of my candidacy for the Board of Directors is not to upend things. I'm as invested as all of you in the success of our "Weave."

But I recognize that one or two of us may feel we could possibly be doing things better. Perhaps by being more of a co-op. Maybe in other ways.

I also understand that it is not so easy for all of us to stand up and speak out.

That's why I'm standing. So that there is a channel for those of us who have something to say, but whose inclination, at the moment, is to not to be the one to have to say it.

So please, don't be shy about letting me know what you're thinking. Now, during the campaign, and after.

No comments: