Saturday, January 4, 2014

WSM Annual Employee Christmas Party


No, no, no, no, no. I'm not going to say anything remotely like 'I told you so.' But did I mention that we might be seeing some belt-tightening around Weaver Street Market Co-operative? Why yes, I did.

So, our latest employee WSM Market Messenger tells us that the Annual WSM Employee Christmas Party (held in January, so as not to interfere with Advent sales) will not be featuring the ever popular Karaoke this year. Instead, we will have 'music.'

Hmm. Look. I'm not going to say 'cost-cutting' or refer to the absence of mention of food and alcohol. I'm just going to wonder. Ever so gently. Not least after the success of Weavestock. For which I and others pushed and organized so hard. I'm really going to hope that we are not paying some non-WSM musicians to provide us with music, when we have a gazillion musicians within WSM, who would be tickled pink to perform for their mates at the Christmas Party.

And I didn't say POP VOX once. Ok. Just the once ...