Sunday, November 9, 2014

Remembrance, Hugh Simmonds CBE and the Book


Twenty-six years ago, my best mate died after being rendered deniable by a Prime Minister for whom he was engaged in a clandestine operation. I remember, even if they choose not to.

The picture is of the Chapel of the Order of the British Empire, located in London's St. Paul's Cathedral. My mate had previously been recommended to appointment as both civilian (services to politics and public service) and military (services to intelligence) Commander of the Most Noble Order of the British Empire (CBE) by the same people who later denied him.

Next June, I will find myself fortunate enough to have the book published commercially. My hope is that this time next year his family may finally be able to attend a Remembrance service without having to hide their shame, a shame their government should never have abandoned them to feel alone.