Monday, September 22, 2014

Where Are Our Pay Reviews (Pay Raises)?


I say, I say, this really is a self-explanatory e-mail to the Weaver Street Market Co-operative General Manager, Ruffin Slater:

"Hey Ruffin,

Once again, really good and interactive store meetings the other week. Which is why I am a little puzzled. All the presentation seemed to be that, financially, the co-op is doing quite well at the moment. I had my concerns. But the figures provided all said otherwise.

So, I'm wondering if there is any reason why we've not yet had pay reviews? Is it just busy delay? Or was there a decision? Of course, if the latter, bearing in mind it potentially affects employee pay and benefits, this should have been a decision that included employees, and the store meetings(s) would have offered a perfect time for such inclusion.

Regardless, can you please confirm to me that, whenever the pay reviews are held, any pay raises will be backdated to the same date they normally occur each year, being the beginning of September?

Many thanks,
Geoff"


-------------------------------------------------------------

In the meantime, so that we have more than one poor sod chasing this stuff the whole time, don't forget, you still have two weeks (until Sunday, October 5) to vote for Byron Wall in this year's election for a WSM Worker-Owner-Director.