Tuesday, March 12, 2013

VOTING NEWS -- Real, and Unreal ...


**BREAKING NEWS** -- "Taking a leaf out of the Falkland Islands' book, and looking for at least one issue upon which they can all unite, the Vatican has just announced that, in its first vote, the cloistered Conclave of Cardinals voted 114 to 1 to remain Catholic ... "

[The one 'No' vote came from the Archbishop of Palermo, who said he wanted the Ham on Rye instead ... ]

I sense a trend here. On how to get good turnout. And an even better result. So, tomorrow evening, at the Owners' Discussion before the Board of Directors' Meeting of the Weaver Street Market Co-operative, I will be announcing my intention to run for the Board this Fall, as a Worker-Owner Candidate, on the platform that we workers would, yes, like to continue getting paid.

In fact, I am going to be announcing my intention to stand. And it will be about the issue of voting. As in, I think all owners and workers of WSM should be allowed to vote on the decision to spend millions of dollars on building three more stores, and not just the few people on the Board. But that is another post for one of my more 'serious' days ...