Monday, July 9, 2012

Geoff Gilson (as Pop Vox): In Concert ...

I know that some of you have already responded to my invitation. But, to be honest, I'm just so excited that I will finally be performing the songs that have been rattling around my head for the past 30 years, that I wanted to share the fact all over again!

So:

You are cordially invited to attend the first ever public performance of my adult contemporary pop sings and ballads.

I will be performing at The Cave, West Franklin Street, Chapel Hill, NC, on July 19, 2012, beginning 8.00pm. Dress code optional. RSVP not required. Attendance enforced with Tony Blair’s lost WMD and my hunting parrot. We know where you live.

I have been composing these ditties, in private, deep in the bowels of middle earth, where angels and Mitt Romney fear to tread, and the little creepy critters get caught in your hair (“It’s alive! It’s alive” – you get the picture).

But I would like to thank my producer, Chris Wimberley, for getting me out of the cave (cave … geddit? … oh, why do I bother?), and encouraging me in my endeavors. Jessica Hiltabidle, for transforming my voice from a scratch to a purr. Aubrey Adcock Herbert, for helping with supportive vocals. Shawn Welsh, for development of ‘Song of Solidarity.’ Steve Carter, who is giving up his evening to be my roadie, because I do not know the difference between a cable and fishing line. Jon Gregory, for tips on performing at The Cave. And Mister Mouse, for allowing this undead singer-songwriter to besmirch the reputation of his venue forever.

I’m doing that now because I’m more than likely to forget on the night.

For a foretaste of what is in store, please feel free to listen to a few songs here:

http://www.reverbnation.com/geoffgilson

For information about and directions to The Cave, please go here:

http://caverntavern.com/

For the Facebook Event Page, in order to let me know you're coming (!), please go here:

https://www.facebook.com/events/496067117075621/

Oh. And one last ‘thank you.’ To the girls, who don’t yet know it, but who will be accompanying me onstage for the dance number. Yes. I have one of those. ‘Magic Mike,’ eat your heart out …