Saturday, July 21, 2012

Pop Vox Has Landed !!


A load of you very kindly turned out for my first live public performance this past Thursday. Thank you so much. I had fun. I think one or two of you did, too!

A full video version will be available in September. But, in the meantime, there are some snippets. A video of my teaching the audience how to do the hand-dance for "Kisses," the final Bollywood number.

Another video clip from "Caribbean Sunrise." I pretend I'm scatting. Actually I forgot the words ... !! And finally, some photos by Kelly Bell, from the Front End in Carrboro.

If you didn't manage to make the fun and games, do not fret. I will be appearing at the Carrboro Music Festival at the end of September. And there may be other appearances before then, too.

Martin Anderson of Trekky Records had nice things to say after the show, and asked if I could perform at TRKfest 2012, on July 21. I couldn't - I work. Two things I have promised myself with this little adventure - I am not going to stress myself out, and I'm not going to shit on friends. I would have had to do both to take up Martin's kind offer.

See you all real soon ... !!